Chancellor's Distinguished Service Award
Terms of Reference
- The award will be given to an individual or organization who has contributed significantly to Simon Fraser University. Priority will be given to recognizing individuals, but organizations may be honoured when they act as a corporate citizen.
- The purpose of the award is to recognize and bring profile to individuals and organizations for their outstanding commitment and service to SFU.
- Nominations will be sought by the Chancellor in the spring.
- The award will be presented at the SFU Chancellor’s Fall Convocation Dinner.
- Posthumous awards will not be granted.
- Serving Canadian politicians will not normally be considered.
- The Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee will be comprised of the Chancellor, President, Vice-President of University Advancement & Alumni Engagement, Vice-President of External Relations, and Director of Ceremonies & Events.
- All nominations received will be kept confidential by the Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee. Nominators are requested not to discuss nominations with the nominee. When a recipient has been approved by the Committee and he/she has agreed to accept the award, the nominator will be informed at that time.
Due to the need for strict confidentiality, nominators should not seek letters of support or reference.