- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- News & Events
Facilities & Equipment
- SIS Lab 1 (AQ 2111) - 24 seat computer lab with LCD projector
- SIS Lab 2 (AQ 2113) -14 seat computer lab with LCD projector and digitizer
- SIS Lab 3 (AQ 2109) - 27 seat computer lab with two monitors and two LCD projectors
Fitted with a robotic Swath Mapping System (SMS), the 15m long x 1m wide x 50cm deep flume lab is designed to study sediment dynamics.
- a 32 transducer Seatek echo-sounding system wand is used to measure 3D bed topography
- water surface topography is measured using 5 MassaSonic ultrasonic sensors
The following geophysical equipment is available:
- Multichannel electrical resistivity Earth imaging system -- AGI SuperString R8/IP system with 112 electrodes (take-outs at 12.25 m spacing) powered by deep cycle batteries
- a 400 V PulseEkko pE PRO with 50, 100 and 200 MHz antennas is shared with the Department of Earth Sciences
This equipment is also available for research rentals (contact email@example.com to inquire).