October 05, 2020
- Maite Taboada was interviewed on CKNW on "Mornings with Simi". Maite talked about misinformation, bias, comments, and, of course, the Gender Gap Tracker. Click here to listen!
- Meg Grant and a group of linguists have started a potcasts called "Words to the Whys". It serves as an excellent companion to introductory linguistics courses, with interviews about the different linguistic subfields with experts in those fields. Find it here: https://www.spreaker.com/show/word-to-the-whys
Publications and Presentations
- Yue Wang published an article last month!
- Wang, Y., Sereno, J.A., and Jongman, A. (2020). Multi-modal perception of tone. In H-M. Liu, F-M. Tsao, & P. Li (Eds.), Speech perception, production and acquisition: Multidisciplinary approaches in Chinese languages (pp. 159-173). Singapore: Springer Nature Singapore.
- The Social Data Analyatics Minor launched last month with a Q&A panel. SFU linguistics and computing science alumnus Vasundhara Gautam discussed her work as a speech-recognition engineer at Dialpad. You can watch the video of the event here.