Woo Soo Kim
Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Area of expertise: Advanced 3D Printing
Post-doc., Material Engineering, MIT, United States, 2009
Ph.D., Material Engineering, KAIST, Korea, 2006
M.Sc., Material Engineering, KAIST, Korea, 2003
B.Sc., Material Engineering, Yonsei University, Korea, 2001
- Advanced 3D Printing
- 3D Printed Electronics
- Sensing Robots
- Engineering Materials
- Nano Manufacturing
- Advanced 3D printing
Recently taught courses
- MSE 220: Engineering Materials
- MSE 221: Statics and Strength of Materials
- MSE 425/725: Nano Manufacturing
- MSE 812: Advanced 3D Printing
Selected recent publications
- Kaur, T.H Kim, and W. S. Kim*, “New frontiers in 3D Structural Sensing Robots” Advanced Materials, 2002534 (2020)
- T. Kim, M. Kaur, and W. S. Kim*, “Humanoid robot actuation through precise chemical sensing signals” Advanced Materials Technologies, 1900570 (2019).
- T. Kim, C. Bao, M. Hausmann, G. Siqueira, T. Zimmermann, and W. S. Kim*, “3D Printed Disposable Wireless Ion Sensors with Biocompatible Cellulose Composites” Advanced Electronic Materials 5, pp. 1800778 (2019).
- Y. Dong, C. Bao, and W. S. Kim*, “Sustainable Additive Manufacturing of Printed Circuit Boards” Joule (Cell Press) 2, pp. 579-582 (2018).
- J. Kim, and W. S. Kim*, “A Paired Stretchable Printed Sensor System for Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring” Sensors & Actuators:A. Physical, 238, pp. 329-336 (2016).