- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- Find Support
My SSP is a free service available to all SFU students beginning Aug 1, 2018, as a two-year pilot project, funded by SFU and the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS).
With My SSP, all graduate and undergraduate students have access to immediate or ongoing, confidential support - accessible from anywhere in the world by phone or through the downloadable app.
Worldwide, immediate options are available 24/7 in English, French, Korean, Chinese, Arabic and Spanish.
Culturally-relevant support and counselling in multiple additional languages is also available.
Call or chat for
Students can access 24/7 counselling support through the My SSP app or over the phone.
Call to book an in-person
My SSP counsellors are available throughout Metro Vancouver. Video and phone appointments are also available.
Supportive Resources & Info
The My SSP app has articles and videos on a range of positive mental health topics.
How does it work?
Everyone is encouraged to download the free app at the start of their first term at SFU.
You'll be prompted to enter some information so My SSP can provide you with tailored support based on your identity, your community, and your needs.
With the app, you'll have access to tools and resources that can equip you for multiple challenges as a student.
You'll also have immediate access to call or chat options so you can talk things out with a professional in real-time.
My SSP is available to support all SFU students with a range of concerns. You can contact My SSP if you're looking for some extra support or you're in a state of crisis or distress.
What would I talk about?
You can discuss all your concerns over chat through the app, or by phone. You can also schedule a follow-up appointment with a counsellor in person or by video at a location that suits you best. You can also request specific counsellor options (eg. language, religious identification, gender identification, Indigenous, etc.).
Some examples of reasons to contact My SSP
- I'm fighting with my friend and I don't know what to do.
- I'm feeling overwhelmed. I don't know what I want to do with my life.
- My best friend is going through something and I don't know how to help.
- I broke up with my partner and I'm having a really hard time coping.
- School is really stressful and I'm finding it hard to be motivated.
- I'm new to Canada and I'm feeling lonely and far from people I love.
- My family wants different things for me then what I want for myself.
- I can't find my people. I feel like I don't fit in.
- I'm stressed and worried about money all the time.
- I'm in crisis and need to talk to someone now
Other general topics
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationship conflicts or challenges
- Managing work/life balance
- Chronic health concerns
- Performance anxiety
- Cultural adjustment
- Coping mechanisms
Service funded by:
Service provided by: