- Seyed Reza Safavi, Colin Copeland, Taco Niet, Gordon McTaggart-Cowan, Combined cooling, heat and power for commercial buildings: Optimization for hydrogen-methane blend fuels, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 231, 2023, 120982, ISSN 1359-4311, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2023.120982.
- William Usher, Trevor Barnes, Nandi Moksnes & Taco Niet. Latest Version Published (Feb 13, 2023). Global sensitivity analysis to enhance the transparency and rigour of energy system optimisation modelling [version 1; peer review: awaiting peer review], Open Research Europe, Feb 13, 2023.
- Niet, T., N. Arianpoo, K. Kuling, A.S. Wright (2022). Increasing the Reliability of Energy System Scenarios with Integrated Modelling: A Review. Environmental Research Letters. March 30, 2022. https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ac5cf5
- Motalebi, S., T. Barnes, L. Lu, B. D. Leibowicz, T. Niet (2022). The role of U.S.-Canada electricity trade in North American decarbonization pathways. Energy Strategy Reviews. March 15, 2022.
- T. Niet., et al. (2022). Selected ‘Starter kit’ energy system modelling data for selected countries in Africa, East Asia, and South America Date in Brief. March 24, 2022.
- Trevor Barnes, Abhishek Shivakumar, Maarten Brinkerink & Taco Niet (2022). OSeMOSYS Global, an open-source, open data global electricity system model generator, Scientific Data, October 14, 2022.
- Kamaria Kuling, Trevor Barnes, Abhishek Shivakumar, Maarten Brinkerink, Taco Niet (2022). Applying the open-source climate, land, energy, and water systems (CLEWs) model to Canada, Energy Strategy Reviews, November 2022.
- Arianpoo, N., F.P. Singh, A.S. Wright, T. Niet (2021). BC Nexus Model: Impacts of electrification on land and water resources through 2050. Energy Modelling Initiative Final Report. March 19, 2021
- Motalebi, S., T. Barnes, S. Kaspar, A.S. Wright, T. Niet (2021). Hydrogen to Provide Flexibility in The Canadian Energy System. Energy Modelling Initiative Final Report. March 19, 2021.
- Niet, T., N. Arianpoo, K. Kuling, A.S. Wright (2021). Increasing the Reliability of Energy System Scenarios with Integrated Modelling: A Review. SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grant 872-2019-1009 final report. March 17, 2021. Paper Link
- Niet, T., N. Arianpoo, K. Kuling, & A.S. Wright. (2021). Embedding the United Nations sustainable development goals into energy systems analysis: Expanding the food–energy–water nexus. Energy, Sustainability and Society, 11(1), 1. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13705-020-00275-0.
- Niet, T., A. Shivakumar, F. Gardumi, W. Usher, E. Williams, and M. Howells. 2021. “Developing a Community of Practice around an Open Source Energy Modelling Tool.” Energy Strategy Reviews 35 (May): 100650. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esr.2021.100650.
- Andy Hira and Nastaran Arianpoo. 2021. Geothermal Power in British Columbia CERG Working Paper No. 4 , Simon Fraser University, March 16, 2021.
- Sridharan, V, A. Shivakumar, T. Niet, E. Ramos, M. Howells. “Land, energy and water resource management and its impact on GHG emissions, electricity supply and food production- Insights from a Ugandan case study" Environmental Research Communications 2 (8): 085003. https://doi.org/10.1088/2515-7620/abaf38.
- Ramos, E., M. Howells, V. Sridharan, R. Enström, T. Niet et al. “The Climate Land Energy Water systems (CLEWs) Framework: A retrospective of activities and advances to 2019." Environmental Research Letters. Accepted for publication, December. https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-9326/abd34f.
- Niet, T. 2020. “Storage End Effects: An Evaluation of Common Storage Modelling Assumptions.” Journal of Energy Storage 27 (February): 101050. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2019.101050.
- Saadeh, O., Z. Dalala, T. Niet, E. P. Ramos, and M. Howells, “Technoeconomic data adopted for the development of a long-term electricity supply model for the Hashmite Kingdome of Jordan,” Data in Brief, vol. 30, p. 105391, Jun. 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.dib.2020.105391.
- English, J., T. Niet, B. Lyseng, V. Keller, K. Palmer-Wilson, B. Robertson, P. Wild, A. Rowe. “Impact of Flexibility Requirements on Electricity System Decarbonization.” Renewable Energy. Vol 145, pp. 2770–2782, Jan. 2020.