- Undergraduate Students
Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- Careers in Biology
- Student Life
- Tuition & Fees
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Prospective Graduate Students
Current Graduate Students
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Student Life
- Student Resources
- Funding & Finances
- News & Events
Teaching Assistants and Tutor-Markers
Please visit SFU's central posting site for Teaching Assistant and Tutor Marker (TA/TM) postings, application procedures, and related information.
Priority for appointment/reappointment as a Teaching Assistant is in accordance with Article XIII of the Collective Agreement with the Teaching Support Staff Union (TSSU).
Priority for appointment/reappointment as a Tutor-Marker is in accordance with Article XV of the Collective Agreement with the Teaching Support Staff Union (TSSU).
In allocating Teaching Assistant/Tutor-Maker positions, the department will also take into account the following:
- Instructor requests;
- Applicant’s preferences;
- Amount of financial support offered on admission to the graduate program;
- Suitability for particular courses (e.g. discipline of prior degree(s), publications, experience);
- Employment evaluations;
- Number of base units already received to ensure sufficient teaching-related experience in his/her field of study.
If an assignment within a priority group requires a selection between applicants, the graduate student without financial support from merit based scholarships or merit based fellowships during the semester of appointment with a value equal to at least a 5.17 appointment, will have priority for the appointment.
(Revised: July, 2016)