- Undergraduate Students
Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Programs
- Careers in Biology
- Student Life
- Tuition & Fees
Current Undergraduate Students
- Research Opportunities
- Co-operative Education
- Financial Aid & Awards
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Prospective Graduate Students
Current Graduate Students
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Student Life
- Student Resources
- Funding & Finances
- News & Events
K-12 Outreach Programs
In Biological Sciences, we are keen to share our science with everyone!
Teachers and parents are encouraged to check out the Faculty of Science Outreach page for details on the wide range of programs available for K-12 students. Our faculty and students participate in the following programs:
- Science in Action - runs activities for K-12 school groups on campus. Choose from the list of pre-determined workshops, or suggest a topic and we’ll work with you to make it happen.
- Let’s Talk Science - as part of this national organization, SFU runs classroom activities on and off-campus.
- Science Alive - offers a variety of programming including workshops, summer camps, after-school and weekend programs.
Additional Outreach Opportunities
In addition to the K-12 programs listed above, we regularly take part in a variety of public educational events and programs. Our faculty and grad students are happy to:
- give guest lectures for local clubs and organizations
- contribute to SFU events for the public, including Café Scientifique and public lectures
- support Professional Development Workshops for Teachers
- contribute to programming by local organizations (e.g., Vancouver Aquarium, Van Dusen Gardens, etc.)
For information about opportunities or collaborations, please contact the Chair of our Outreach and Engagement Committee, Peter Hollmann (email@example.com). We look forward to teaching, learning, and working with you.
Enjoy this video made by the BC Bird Trail. Kris Cu, Biological Sciences Co-op alumnus who has channeled his personal passion for birds and is “taking off” in his role with Birds Canada as a Conservation Engagement & Outreach Worker. As a Filipino Canadian he is now introducing the avian world to the local Filipino community and sharing his knowledge and passion for birding.