Essentials for Leading People Practices for Organizational Success
What foundational practices in people management support a diverse workforce? How can you nurture safety and accountability in your organization's culture?
Explore the most current human resources practices to attract, retain, manage and inspire your team, and learn to create a healthy, respectful and thriving workplace culture. You'll gain an understanding of key factors in equity and access that lead to diversity in your team’s experiences, and deepen relationships and trust. You'll also develop practices for enabling emotional, mental, social and spiritual health in your workplace, and discover what makes organizations truly sustainable, inclusive and engaging.
This course is not designed for HR professionals, but rather for leaders who now or will in future have some responsibility for recruiting and supporting team members, and who need the tools and knowledge to do so skillfully.
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Wed, Jul 5 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 12 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 19 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 26 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Aug 2 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Aug 9 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Aug 16 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Aug 23 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Aug 30 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Sep 6 (self-paced all week)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Explain how power dynamics can impact decision-making, process design and individuals
- Define effective tools and strategies to ensure fair and equitable hiring and onboarding processes
- Develop proactive, reciprocal performance measures for individual and organizational accountability
- Recognize and apply labour policies and regulations to ensure your organization is accessible, inclusive and sustainable
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend about 10 hours per week on coursework
- Expect reading and other assignments on a weekly basis
- Plan to access the course at least once every few days to keep up with your work and group assignments
You will be evaluated on:
- Participation in online discussions
No textbook is required. We will provide all course materials online.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.