Leadership Essentials Certificate
Recent events around the world have shown the pressing need for leaders who can navigate the uncertainty and complexity of our times. Designed for new or aspiring leaders, this online certificate program will allow you to develop the critical social and emotional intelligence required to build collaborative relationships, manage change, and create an equitable and inclusive organizational culture. You’ll focus on creating a socially just and equitable workplace as you explore innovative ways to address issues of power and privilege, leverage deep diversity, and challenge yourself to decolonize your leadership practice.
Why this program?
- Build a holistic set of skills, from personal leadership to practical tools for leading teams and organizations
- Earn your certificate in as little as one year
- Take fully online courses on a flexible schedule
- Learn from experts in the leadership field
- Connect with a professional network of peers who work in diverse contexts
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status
1–3 years (from start date of first course)
To graduate, complete all courses required to complete the program.
Self-paced within set deadlines
Course materials included
$75 program application fee
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish
Federal employee Lupe Sibrian joined the program to gain leadership skills that would enhance her ability to navigate systems within the public service. But what she learned was essentially the opposite.
Many of us dream of making a difference in the world, but not all of us act on it. Vancouver’s Emily Chan is that rare person who’s always ready to take action.