Comparative Legal Studies
This is a 20-hour crash course on Chinese Law aiming to enhance your ability to better understand Chinese legal texts and speech.
Instructor: Claire Chang
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Apply a general understanding of the Chinese legal system
- Be familiar with the most basic Chinese legal concepts
- Apply your knowledge of some of the most visible Chinese laws and regulations, as well as their application
- Appreciate the similarities and distinctions between Chinese and Canadian laws
- Utilize research skills into the Chinese legal system
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
To graduate with the Legal and Interpretation and Translation Certificate, complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%).
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.