Interpreting Skills in Medical and Healthcare Setting
Providing hands-on medical interpretation training in various healthcare settings, this course focuses on various foundational skills required for successful interpreting, including listening comprehension, memory retention, note taking, mental transposition, and verbalization in the target language.
Instructor: Rose Wan Jen
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Apply interpreting theories and medical knowledge as a medical interpreter
- Exemplify professional ethics and protocol in your interpreting work
- Possess the soft and hard skills requisite of a medical interpreter
- Maximize your career options in the marketplace
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
- Participate in supervised practice sessions
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
To graduate with the Medical Translation and Interpretation Certificate, complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%).
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.