Fundraising: Harnessing the Funds to Achieve Your Mission
This course is designed for current or aspiring managers, program staff, board members and volunteers in the non-profit sector who are interested in becoming more familiar with the fundamentals of fundraising and philanthropy. This course may also be of interest to those currently considering a career change from the private sector to a non-profit environment.
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Wed, May 10 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, May 17 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, May 24 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, May 31 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jun 7 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jun 14 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jun 21 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jun 28 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 5 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 12 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 19 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Jul 26 (self-paced all week)
- Wed, Aug 2 (self-paced all week)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Apply basic fundraising concepts to a non-profit project.
- Foster and support a culture of fundraising in a non-profit organization.
- Explain effective, ethical and legal fundraising strategies and practices.
- Implement donor stewardship strategies.
- Employ effective donor and supporter communication strategies that support organizational fundraising goals.
- Identify the various roles associated with fundraising/development departments.
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend about 10 hours per week on coursework
- Expect reading and other assignments on a weekly basis
- Plan to access the course at least once every few days to keep up with your work and group assignments
You will be evaluated on:
- Participation in online discussions
No textbook is required. We will provide all course materials online.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.