This workshop will give you an opportunity to redesign your writing process and technique, along with a fresh perspective on writing technical documents. You’ll hone writing skills that will improve your proficiency with any technical document. You’ll begin by reviewing your writing process and eliminating practices that have caused you difficulties in the past. You will also learn about strategies that improve communication between writers and readers, as well as methods that improve a document’s organization.
Technical Writing: Advanced Workshop
Instructional hours: 15
For online offerings, registration may close up to two business days before the course begins. Your course begins on the first date listed and ends six days after the last date listed. The interim dates/times are not your actual online class times.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the stages of the writing process and apply them to a writing project
- Understand written communication from the perspective of the audience
- Identify your occasion, purpose, and rhetorical situation before writing a document
- Use invention strategies to begin a new project
How will I learn?
- Online discussion
- Reading online course content
- Learning activities
How will I be evaluated?
Your grade will be based on the following:
- Assignments (70%)
- Online participation (15%)
- Learning activities (15%)
Textbooks and learning materials
Writing With Power (second edition) by Peter Elbow, 1998, Oxford University Press. ISBN: 978-019-5120189.
You are responsible for purchasing the course text. We will provide all other course materials online.