Liberal Arts and 55+ Program
Courses and Events
The liberal arts provide you an opportunity to learn for the joy of learning, enhance your creativity, and sharpen your critical thinking skills. We offer a number of options for adults of any age to discover something new.
Registration for our spring 2019 courses is open now.
- A New Ottoman Empire? (55+) PLUS318
- Ancient Greece: Athenian Democracy: Engagement and Dissent LIB169
- Forging Identities: Art in the Qing Dynasty 1644–1911 (55+) PLUS320
- Greek and Roman Myth: Source of Music, Poetry and Art (55+) PLUS317
- Japan, China and the Western Powers 1600-1976 (55+) PLUS295
- Kingdom of Glory: From Persia to Iran (55+) PLUS159
- Paris and Power (55+) PLUS319
Beginning in February
Beginning in March
Join our email list
Sign up for email updates about this program.
Support the program
Your gift to the program will help maintain the quality of our offerings and ensure that they remain accessible to everyone. Make your gift today!
Download the brochure
The quickest, easiest way to secure your seat is to register online. Registering online is simple, secure and convenient. Registration for spring 2019 is now open.
Prefer to register by mail, fax, in person or phone? Download this registration form or call 778-782-8000.
Courses can fill quickly. We advise having substitute choices in mind when you register.
SFU’s Philosophers’ Café is a series of informal public discussions in the heart of our communities. All cafés are free. Everyone is welcome!