Liberal Arts and 55+ Program
SFU’s Liberal Arts and 55+ Program has been offering intellectually challenging non-credit courses to older adult learners since the 1970s. Offered year-round, our courses provide you with an opportunity to learn for the joy of learning, enhance your creativity and sharpen your critical thinking skills. Topics covered range from art and literature to history, science, philosophy and more.
Currently delivered online, our courses allow you to learn from the comfort of home while engaging with classmates from across the province and beyond. The online format may vary from course to course, with audio or video lectures, videoconferencing, online and offline activities, and discussions (see course descriptions for details).
Classes are open to learners of all ages, with a tuition discount for those 55+.
Registration is now open for summer 2021 online courses.
Courses and Events
- Apologizing for a Religion? Exploring the Story and Text of the Kuzari LIB263
- Climate Change and Human Health: How Are They Connected? LIB266
- Hannah Arendt: Totalitarianism, Violence and Democracy LIB269
- Neighbourhood Nature: Observing, Interacting, Learning LIB237
- Samuel Beckett: "It Means What It Says"? LIB267
- Thelonious Sphere Monk: His Music, Wit and Wisdom LIB265
- Writing from Photographs LIB264
Join our email list
Sign up for email updates about this program.