Liberal Arts and 55+ Program
SFU’s Liberal Arts and 55+ Program has been offering intellectually challenging non-credit courses to older adult learners since the 1970s. Offered year-round, our courses provide you with an opportunity to learn for the joy of learning, enhance your creativity and sharpen your critical thinking skills. Topics covered range from art and literature to history, science, philosophy and more.
Currently delivered online, our courses allow you to learn from the comfort of home while engaging with classmates from across the province and beyond. The online format may vary from course to course, with audio or video lectures, videoconferencing, online and offline activities, and discussions (see course descriptions for details).
Classes are open to learners of all ages, with a tuition discount for those 55+.
Courses and Events
Fall 2021 courses
- Climate Change and Your Health: How Are They Connected? LIB266
- Decoding Art LIB286
- Deep Minds: Learning, Culture and Tradition in Whales and Dolphins LIB287
- Of Animals: Literature, Theory and Culture LIB284
- Poetry and Social Change LIB290
- Shakespeare at the Symphony LIB289
- The Bayeux Tapestry: Stitching Together History, Art and Narrative LIB281
- The Neuroscience of Sleep LIB288
- The Science of Wisdom: Current Findings in Wisdom Research LIB278
- Travel Photography That Sings: From Documenting to Enhancing Reality LIB285
- What Does the Good Book Say? LIB291
Join our email list
Sign up for email updates about this program.