Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR)
The Human Resources Management Certificate program is accredited with the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) British Columbia and Yukon, which offers and administers the CPHR designation. For full CPHR program details and the most up-to-date information on requirements for the designation, please contact CPHR BC & Yukon directly.
When you graduate from the program with a minimum average grade of B-, you can apply for exemption from writing the National Knowledge Exam®, following accreditation path 3. CPHRs are at the forefront of their field, and the CPHR designation will help to set you apart as a recognized HR professional.
Five steps to earn your CPHR
- Become a student member while enrolled in our Human Resources Management Certificate program and take advantage of member benefits while you finish your studies.
To receive the 25% SFU student discount on a CPHR BC & Yukon student membership, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the discount code. The code must be used at the time of sign-up for student membership and cannot be applied retroactively.
- Graduate from the program with a 70% average (B-) and send your transcript to CPHR BC & Yukon for review.
- Once transcript is approved for NKE exemption, submit payment for exemption application (less 25% if submitted within a year of graduating). You will now be a CPHR candidate.
- Maintain your membership with CPHR BC & Yukon as you work toward gaining 3 years (if you have a degree) or 5 years (if you don't have a degree but you have the certificate) of professional work experience (within 10 years).
- Once you have enough experience, submit a validation of experience application for review. Once approved, you will earn your CPHR designation.
Located outside of B.C.?
You’re welcome to enroll in our Human Resources Management Certificate program, but please note every province has a different educational requirement for obtaining the CPHR designation. Also, post-secondary HR programs accredited in B.C. by CPHR BC & Yukon may not be accredited in another province. We strongly advise checking directly with the provincial HR association where you live or with CPHR BC & Yukon for clarification.
For more information
CPHR BC & Yukon Vancouver Office
Greater and Coastal, Fraser Valley Regions
1101-1111 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 2J3
Toll-free in Canada: 800-665-1961
CPHR BC & Yukon Victoria Office
Vancouver Island Region
PO Box 30247
Reynolds PO, BC V8X 5E1
CPHR BC & Yukon Kelowna Office
Central and Southern Interior, North Regions
1100-1631 Dickson Avenue
Kelowna, BC V1Y 0B5