Human Resources Management Certificate
Get the specialized training you need to excel as a human resources professional. This part-time, online program will equip you with the in-demand skills and knowledge required in today’s evolving work environment. Accredited by CPHR British Columbia & Yukon, the program can also help you earn the Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation faster.
Please note that this program changed to a new format on July 20, 2022. If you are completing the previous version of the program, visit our program transition page.
Why this program?
- Get your CPHR designation faster by applying for exemption from the CPHR National Knowledge Exam when you graduate with a minimum average grade of B-
- Take specialized HR courses taught by seasoned industry experts
- Start with individual courses and apply to the program at any time
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
- Be eligible for admission to SFU’s Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (which can be applied toward an SFU MBA), even without an undergraduate degree
1.5 – 3 years
To graduate, complete all courses with a minimum average grade of C.
8 weeks (36 instructional hours)
Self-paced within set deadlines
9 required courses (take in any order):
Human Resources Management in Canada (CHRM200)
(formerly Human Resources Management MGMT310)
Organizational Engagement (CHRM210)
(formerly Organizational Behaviour MGMT115)
Workplace Health, Safety and Wellness (CHRM220)
Workforce Planning and Talent Management (CHRM230)
Accounting and Financial Management Essentials (CHRM240)
Learning, Development and Performance Management (CHRM250)
(formerly Workplace Training and Development MGMT316)
Employee Total Rewards (CHRM260)
Employee and Labour Relations in Canada (CHRM270)
(formerly Labour and Employment Relations MGMT326)
Strategic Human Resources Management (CHRM300)
(formerly Strategic Human Resources Planning MGMT315)
See individual courses for textbook details
$749/course (not including textbooks)
$75 program application fee
No application deadline. Take individual courses and apply to the program at any time.
- Grade 12 or equivalent, or at least five years of work experience
- Advanced level of written and spoken English recommended (e.g., IELTS minimum overall band score 7.0)
- Some experience in a people-focused role (e.g., customer service) or a professional or business setting recommended
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish