Rehabilitation and Disability Management Diploma
Canada faces an acute need for professionals to help employees return to work after facing medical, physical and other challenges. In our part-time diploma program, you’ll learn to make appropriate and ethical decisions, facilitate accommodations, and implement medical, psychological and ergonomic assessments. The program will also bring you a step closer to earning your Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional designation. This program is ideal if you’re entering or already working in rehabilitation, disability management, insurance, career/employment services or human resources.
Why this program?
- Meet training requirements for the Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) designation
- Earn continuing education units for CVRP, Vocational Rehabilitation Association Canada or BC Association of Kinesiologists designations
- Learn from established professionals in rehabilitation and disability management
- Develop a professional network of peers
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
May 4–Dec 9, 2023
Class time: 14–21 hours/month
Homework: 6–10 hours/month
All classes 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Pacific Time
REH120: Thu, May 4–Sat, May 6, 2023
REH125: Thu, Jun 1–Sat, Jun 3, 2023
REH121: Fri, Jul 7–Sat, Jul 8, 2023
REH124: Thu, Aug 10–Sat, Aug 12, 2023
REH126: Thu, Sep 14–Sat, Sep 16, 2023
REH128: Fri, Oct 13–Sat, Oct 14, 2023
REH129: Thu, Nov 16–Sat, Nov 18, 2023
REH130: Thu, Dec 7–Sat, Dec 9, 2023
- Rehabilitation and Disability Foundations (REH120)
- Mental Health Issues in Rehabilitation and Disability Management (REH121)
- Professional Conduct and Ethics (REH124)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (REH125)
- Assessments in Rehabilitation and Disability Management (REH126)
- Vocational Accommodations (REH128)
- Strategic Communication and Working Alliances (REH129)
- Interventions and Return-to-Work Process (REH130)
Course materials included
$75 program application fee
Note: Seats fill on a first-come, first-served basis. Tuition must be paid in full to secure your seat.
- Undergraduate degree recommended
- Mature students who do not meet this requirement may qualify with at least 5 years of appropriate experience
- English Language Requirements
See Application details for more info.
Courses will be available for individual registration until April 2023 only. After that time, all seats will be reserved for diploma students.
Pinithi Jayasundara is living proof that you don’t have to choose between having a family and working in a field you love. The recent graduate completed the program while caring for her newborn baby and two other children.
Wylie Chan has spent a lifetime helping people heal from physical ailments and return to the workplace, first as a kinesiologist, then as an exercise physiologist.
They say experience makes the best teacher. For Pamela Stronski, living through her own struggles with a debilitating illness has set her on the path to a rewarding new career.