Vocational Rehabilitation and Disability Management Certificate
Vocational rehabilitation and disability management professionals are in high demand to support individuals with disabilities and barriers to employment. Our part-time program will give you the specialized skills and knowledge to thrive in this growing field—and support you in earning your Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional credential. This program is ideal if you’re entering or already working in rehabilitation, disability management, insurance, career/employment services or human resources.
Note: This new program will launch January 2024. Students in the Rehabilitation and Disability Management Diploma program can access the current cohort program page here.
Why this program?
- Develop specialized skills in facilitating accommodations to support physical and mental health
- Be prepared to implement return-to-work or vocational rehabilitation plans that support and advocate for individuals’ needs
- Learn to make appropriate and ethical decisions, as well as communicate and navigate complex stakeholder interests
- Meet training requirements for the Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) credential and Return to Work Disability Manager (RTWDM) credential
- Earn continuing education units for the College of Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals, Vocational Rehabilitation Association Canada or BC Association of Kinesiologists
- Learn from experienced practitioners and develop a professional network of industry peers
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status along with its benefits
1–3 years (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program with a minimum average grade of C.
Self-paced within set assignment deadlines
Required courses (take in any order):
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Disability Foundations (VRDM210)
- Professional Ethics in Vocational Rehabilitation (VRDM220)
- Mental Health in Disability Management (VRDM230)
- Aspects of Disability in Vocational Rehabilitation (VRDM240)
- Communications for Strategic Alliances in Rehabilitation (VRDM250)
- Role of Assessments in Rehabilitation and Disability Management (VRDM260)
- Vocational Accommodations and Job Development (VRDM270)
- Disability Management and Return-To-Work (VRDM280)
Course materials included
$75 program application fee
No application deadline. Take individual courses and apply to the program at any time.
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish