- Student Resources
- News and Events
- Département de français
- Qui sommes-nous?
- Programme de 1er cycle
- Programme de 2e cycle
- Ressources aux étudiants
- De Voix Vives
Due to COVID-19, this semester, placement tests will take place online.
To register, or see if you need to take a placement test, please contact our Academic Advisor, Hélène Pouliot, at email@example.com. Click below for placement test dates.
STUDENTS QUALIFYING IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES NEED NOT COMPLETE THE PLACEMENT TEST BUT SHOULD ENROLL IN THE COURSE INDICATED BELOW.
- BC grade 12 French completed within the last three years with a final grade of A: enrol in FREN 211
- BC grade 12 French completed (irrespective of grade) within the last three years who have subsequently spent at least five weeks in a French-speaking environment: enrol in FREN 211
- BC grade 12 French completed within the last three years who do not meet either of the above two conditions: enrol in FREN 210
- Students who have completed grade 11 French within the last three years and have not completed anymore French since: enrol in FREN 122
- Fewer than three years of French completed in high school and no other French: enrol in FREN 121
- No French at all: enrol in FREN 120
ALL OTHER STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE PLACEMENT TEST, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- French immersion, Francophone programme, IB and AP students
- student who have completed high school in a Francophone educational system in a Francophone country or province
- college/university transfer students with transfer units in French
- students from other provinces or countries
- students who have completed any credit/non-credit French course of six or more weeks duration since high school
- students who have lived (minimum 30 months) in a Francophone environment
- special cases and any students seeking advice on eligibility to earn challenge credit for 210, and/or 211, and/or 221, and/or 222
Additional questions regarding the placement test can be directed to our Academic Advisor, Hélène Pouliot, at firstname.lastname@example.org