Aid for Ukraine
By Jenna Yuzwa
To date, nearly three million Ukrainians have fled their homeland to avoid being subjected to the atrocities currently being carried out by Russian forces. These people have left with little more than the clothes on their back. Many who have remained in the country do not have access to food, water, or electricity.
In solidarity with the peoples of Ukraine, SFU’s Philosophy department has partnered with the Canadian Red Cross to collect donations for the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal. Donations will be used to support humanitarian relief efforts. Please donate today
Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
- Jenna Yuzwa
Image Credit: Government of Ukraine, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
Please also consider supporting Ukrainians in the following ways:
• Dine at a local Ukrainian restaurant:
Homemade Ukrainian Food | Kozak Homemade Ukrainian Food (kozakeatery.ca)
• Donate much needed supplies such as clothing, footwear, hygiene products, and blankets SUPPORT UKRAINE | Vancouver Donations (They will pick up the donations from your residence for free)
• Volunteer with an organization supporting Ukraine: Ukrainian Canadian Congress Конґрес Українців Канади - Британська Колумбія. UCC BC Provincial Council - Home | Facebook
• Maple Hope Foundation Maple Hope Foundation - Home | Facebook
• Take in Ukrainian refugees arriving in Canada
Інформація для громадян України, що прибувають до Ванкуверу / Refugees from Ukraine - Ukrainian Vancouver