You are invited to Get Philosophical! with us
Welcome future philosophers!
This isn't what you expected. So we've pulled together some resouces to help you navigate classes and make life a little easier we hope.
...also, welcome to a virtual Department of Philosophy. We look forward to 'meeting' you!
Evan Tiffany teaches PHIL 120W: Moral and Legal Problems
Bruno Guindon teaches PHIL 110: Intro to Logic and Reasoning
a creative solution to a PHIL 120W assignment from students, Anita Lo and Nicole Feng
Holly Andersen teaches PHIL 144: Intro to Philosophy of Science, part of our Science Certificate
Sorry but we're not offering Procrastination105 this year :(
Dai Heide teaches PHIL 100W: Knowledge and Reality and PHIL 150: History of Philosophy
Nic Bommarito teaches PHIL 357: Selected Topics
There is always help...
Undergraduate Student Advising
Advising is done by email or phone, and, by appointment, in person or over Zoom. Please contact our Student Advisor, Mr. Jay Leardi, from your SFU email, and include your student ID#.
Download our Introduction to Course Planning to help with planning your courses.
A free online course for all new incoming students that helps prepare them for their academic transition to SFU. Find out more.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
FASS First Year: information to help you prepare for enrollment and beyond, giving you the tools to be successful in FASS.
Community connection website
This gathers all virtual community connection events for all students, from all areas across campus.
A co-curricular course that runs July-December.
• All the details students need to get started right during their first week, month and term
• Support building their second term schedule
• Learn about the SFU community including: student conduct and academic integrity; support fort learning in an online environment; helpful campus resources and how to recognize when they’re needed, e.g., My SSP, Health and Counselling, Careers, Learning Commons, myInvolvement, and Academic Advising.
SFU Philosophy News
- 2023 BC Lower Mainland Ethics Bowl Report
- Blended learning: spotlight on SFU’s newest course designation
- MA Student Aaron Richardson at Aesthetics For Birds - Accessibility and the Problem of Alt Text
- Welcome to SFU Philosophy Kino Zhao and Greg Lauro
- Horban Award 2022
- Endre Begby SSHRC Insight Grant