Important Updates for the Fall Term:
- No in-person teaching for the Fall term. Courses continue but through remote instruction. Just announced: most Spring term courses will also be remote.
- Fall Academic dates; deadlines and tuition refunds (no refunds for courses dropped after Sep. 29; last day to drop a class with a WD is Nov. 3)
- The Philosophy department's offices are closed. Instructors, TAs, and staff are available by email: see Contact page and People page for emails.
- Undergraduate advising, enrollment issues, program declarations: email the advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org (include your student ID#)
- COVID-19 FAQs
- Information for students, including academic policies for the current term
- Important Student Bulletins published by Student Services
- Student Guide to online learning
- Information for new Graduate students
- Guide for international students
- U-Pass exemptions and eligibility
- Opting for a "P" grade for Spring 2020 : contact your instructor to request the switch
- Access to computers and study spaces:
- Study space with access to computers: Bennet Library
- Students can virtually access computers and software in the Library labs: see remote services during COVID-19. Access to other labs: see Computer labs: Off campus
- Borrow a laptop for the term
- Students may use the WMC 2502 computer lab 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday to Friday
Updates revised: September 21, 2020
- O.G. (Original/Regular Phil Club) where we deconstruct. discuss, and debate a broad overview and variety of topics in Philosophy, which could include ethical dilemmas. This will be held Wednesdays at 1:30PM in the Phil Commons Room.
- Sci-Fi Phil Club where we ponder things such as the existence of time, discuss the modalities of science fiction works (i.e. Interstellar, Marvel's Infinity War) and square up in philosophical dispute will be held on Mondays at 1:30PM in the Phil Commons Room.