- In-person teaching has been discontinued for the Summer and Fall terms. Courses continue but through online/remote instruction.
- The Philosophy department's offices are closed. Instructors, TAs, and staff are available by email: see Contact page and People page for emails.
- Undergraduate advising, enrollment issues, program declarations: email the advisor at email@example.com (include your student ID#)
- The Philosophy department Covid-19 Emergency Response Team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 FAQs and The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences FAQs for students
- Information for students, including academic policies for the current term
- Archive of student communications received from Student Services
- Student Guide to online learning
- NEW JUNE 10 : Outlines for FALL Philosophy courses
- NEW JUNE 12: "P" GRADES SPRING 2020 : form to reverse a P grade and form to request a P grade
- NEW JUNE 26: information about Fall 2020
626[updated June 26, 2020]
SFU Philosophy News
How does philosophy 'work' in real life?
- O.G. (Original/Regular Phil Club) where we deconstruct. discuss, and debate a broad overview and variety of topics in Philosophy, which could include ethical dilemmas. This will be held Wednesdays at 1:30PM in the Phil Commons Room.
- Sci-Fi Phil Club where we ponder things such as the existence of time, discuss the modalities of science fiction works (i.e. Interstellar, Marvel's Infinity War) and square up in philosophical dispute will be held on Mondays at 1:30PM in the Phil Commons Room.