Graduate Student Page
Our MA students are focused, energetic and talented, and together with the faculty, make for a vibrant departmental life.
from Grad Studies, August 28 2020
ARRIVING FROM OUTSIDE OF CANADA?
If you are arriving from outside of Canada, the Government of Canada has implemented travel restrictions, including a 14 day mandatory self-isolation upon arrival. So if you are a student intending to travel to Canada you will need to arrange a 14-day self-isolation off-campus. We have an online guide available to support new and returning international students with this process.
If you are arriving for the Fall term from outside Canada, please register your plan with SFU. This information will help us support you before you arrive, as you prepare the correct information and documentation needed to satisfy government requirements. It will also help us support you after your arrival.
U-PASS BC FOR FALL
As of September 1, the U-Pass BC program will be resuming. (Since the decision was made to suspend the U-Pass BC program for the 2020 Summer semester due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Simon Fraser Student Society, Graduate Student Society and SFU have worked with TransLink, and the other public post-secondary institutions and student associations in Metro Vancouver, to reinstate the program with appropriate eligibility adjustments.) Deadline to apply for exemption is September 22.
Upcoming MA Defenses
- June 21: Xinyu Xu “Defending Historical Constructivism Against Trilemma Objection, WMC 5602, 2 p.m.
- June 23: Mateo Ochoa Coloma “Distinctively Mathematical Explanations of Classical Dynamical Systems”, WMC 3220, 3 p.m.
- June 27 : Kesavan Thanagopal “Supererogation or Shupererogation? An Epistemic Account of the Institution Behind
- Heroic Acts, WMC 5602, 1 p.m.
- June 28: Jingyi Wang “Epistemic Nudge, Testimony, and a Fuller Picture of Communication”, WMC 5602, 3 p.m.
- June 30: Jing Hwan Khoo “In Praise of Being Just This, Merely This”, WMC 3220, 10:30 a.m.
- August 26: Milos Mihajlovic "On the counterfactual implicature of subjunctive conditionals" via zoom
- July 21: Jenna Yuzwa "Some Ruminations on Doing Ethics Ethically" WMC 2521, 1:00 p.m.
- August 23: Aaron Mascarenhas "Epistemic oppression in healthcare: Lessons from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" via zoom
- TBA: Alex Mohney
- TBA: Aaron Richardson