(Emeritus) Canada Research Chair in Cognitive Science
(Emeritus) Professor of Philosophy
(Emeritus) Professor of Linguistics
- Email: jeffpell @sfu.ca
- Personal site: http://www.sfu.ca/~jeffpell
- Univ. of Nebraska B.S. (Math/Education) 1965 Honor Pgm., Phil.
- Univ. of Nebraska M.A. (Philosophy) 1966
- UCLA Ph.D. (Philosophy) 1971
- Univ. of Massachusetts Summer Linguistics Institute 1974
- Univ. of California, Berkeley Summer Linguistics Workshop 1975
- Univ. of Texas, Austin Post-Doct. Study in Linguistics 1975-76
- Univ. of Alberta M.Sc. (Linguistics) 1978
- Univ. of Texas, Austin Summer Linguistics Workshop 1979
- Univ. of Alberta M.Sc. (Computing Science) 1983
Areas of Interest
Philosophy of Language, Modern Philosophical Analysis
Philosophy and Linguistics, Philosophy of Logic
Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence
Automated Theorem Proving, Computational Semantics
Current Research Projects
See Jeff's website for current research interests and projects.
See Jeff's website for a complete listing of publications.