Set Up Out of Office Messages
Outlook for PC
The instructions below are for setting up an Out of Office message (Automatic Reply) in the Outlook 2016 for PC desktop application.
1. From your Inbox, click File. This will take you to the Account Information Screen.
2. Click the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) button.
3. This will open up the Automatic Replies window. Click the Send Automatic Replies checkbox to setup your Out of Office message.
4. Select the 'Only send during this time range' checkbox to set a range of dates in which your Out of Office message will be enabled.
5. There are two separate tabs for messages sent both to those inside your organization and outside your organization. Select the 'Inside my Organization' tab to create an Out of Office message that will send to members of your organization. Type your Out of Office message and format it accordingly.
7. To set up a separate message for senders outside of your organization, select the 'Outside my Organization' tab, and type a different message.
8. Click OK to finish setting up your automatic replies.