English and Communication
Do you want to combine the study of literature, rhetoric and writing, and cultural criticism with inquiry into the history, methods, and social significance of communication? The English and Communication joint major offers a diversity of courses.
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
You may complete your English and Communication joint major degree in either the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences or the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology.
- Advertising Copywriter
- Career Advisor
- Communications Assistant
- Editorial Assistant
- Educational Program Specialist
- English Tutor
- Freelance writer
- Library Assistant
- Literary Agent
- Public Relations
- Technical Writer
Before applying, you might want to review this help video. Then:
- Go to https://apply.educationplannerbc.ca/sfu.jsp
- In section 4, Applying to SFU, either:
- select from the drop-down list of faculties: Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
- select from the drop-down list of programs: BA Communication
- select from the drop-down list of faculties: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- select from the drop-down list of programs: BA English
After you have been admitted, speak to an advisor about the joint major option.