- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQIA2S+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Finding Calm After the Storm
- South Asian Diaspora Community Healing Space
- A Healing Space
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Faculty & Staff
Your sexual health is an important part of your well-being and we're here to support that, even during the pandemic.
Note: all appointments are operating virtually at the moment, unless medically necessary.
We provide trauma informed LGBTQIA2S+ gender-affirming care to support students’ diverse needs. Connect with an Access Case Manager at a Zoom drop-in for information about service options and providers, or make an appointment with Barb, Registered Nurse.
Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, treatment, and information:
Unsure if you need testing? Feeling anxious or worried? Looking for sexual health information? We are here to support you in making informed and concensual decisions.
STI testing and sexual health information can be offered in person, by phone, or virtual appointment with a nurse or physician.
You can also visit:
Looking for an STI test and don't want to come into the clinic?
If you don't have MSP, you can still make an appointment and connect with us for testing or more information, or visit this website.
Always check with your health insurance provider as you may be eligible for reimbursement of funds for any lab costs. You may need to see a clinic physician to be eligible.
Vaccines for Hep A/B/HPV are offered. Blood tests for Hep A may be required first.
Prep/PEP can be prescribed by our doctors for free, if you are eligible, and the prescription can be picked up at our clinics.
A pap or smear test is used to screen and help diagnose precancerous conditions of the internal sexual and reproductive health organs (cervix, vagina, rectum).
Anyone with a cervix between the ages of 25 and 69 should be screened for cervical cancer every three years. Read more about cervical cancer screening here.
Most types of internal genital cancers can be prevented by getting your HPV vaccine.
We are once again offering Gardasil-9 (HPV Vaccine) at $170.00/dose. This is a series of 3 doses recommended. Book an appointment with a nurse or speak to a nurse about any questions you may have by calling us at 778.782.4615.
If you have not completed your HPV vaccine series, you may be eligible for a publicly funded vaccine. View our vaccine webpage for more information.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) & Testing
Symptoms can include burning, pain or discomfort when you pass urine, and frequent urination. If you think you may have a UTI, make an appointment to see a doctor and have urine test done in clinic or at LifeLabs.
We’re here to support you as you make informed choices and changes.
If you're interested in receiving hormone injections, talk to a doctor at our clinic first and afterwards, book with one of our nurses for weekly injections. Read more about hormone therapy.
With our services, you can also:
- Learn to self-inject in a supportive environment
- Talk about chest binding or about other concerns with the nurse
- Receive a referral for top/bottom surgery (both now done locally) after discussing the process with one of our doctors
For more campus support options, view this link.
Contraception and pregnancy
For general contraceptive options, please book an appointment with a doctor by calling our clinics.
- IUD (consult/insertion/removal)
- Depo Provera
- Oral contraceptives
- Nuva Ring
The health clinics no longer sell oral contraceptives and Nuva Ring, but prescriptions are still available through a doctor's appointment, and the doctor will fax a prescription to your pharmacy. For more information about contraception, view this link.
The Emergency Contraceptive Pill/Plan B can be used within 5 days of having unprotected sex. Plan B/Contingency costs $15.00 to $20.00 and is available in clinic. Note: due to Covid 19, supplies are limited.
The Emergency Contraceptive Pill/Plan B is available at most pharmacies without a prescription, and at OPT clinics.
Pregnancy testing is available by appointment in clinic. Pregnancy tests are also available at the SFSS Women's Centre, and can be mailed to you by request. See below for more info.
Pregnancy options can be discussed at an appointment with a doctor or nurse.
Safe sex supplies is available by mail through the SFSS Women's Centre for ALL gender-identities.
Sex supplies are free to current SFU/FIC students and all information is 100% confidential. Mailing program uses unmarked, padded packaging.
- Regular lubricated latex condoms
- Latex-free condoms ( only order latex-free if you have a latex allergy)
- Internal latex free condoms
- Plastic gloves (Nitrile)
- Dental dams (Latex)
- Water based lube
- Silicon-based lube
- Free pregnancy tests (2 per order)
Please email the Women's Centre for a complete list and to order: email@example.com.
Safe sex supplies can also be obtained from Out On Campus.
Options for Sexual Health BC:
Provides access to quality sexual educational materials and general information, with a service number for questions.
Health Initiative for Men (HIM)
Health Initiative for Men is a non-profit society that aims to strengthen the health and well-being of gay men.
Smart Sex Resource
Provides sexual health education and resources with a focus on British Columbia.
Sexual Violence Emergency Support
You can book a same-day appointment at our clinics. Call the front desk or contact the Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office (SVSPO).