- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- LiveChat Support
- Drop-in HCS Advising
- Wellness Wednesdays - Ask the Nurse
- Stress Management and Building Resilience
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression
- Navigating Stress and Seeking Balance
- Meet, Greet, and Eat
- Creative Collective
- Dungeons & Worry Dragons
- Thriving with ADHD/ADD
- Living with Chronic Pain
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Dissertation & Thesis Support Group
- Tending to Anti-Asian Racism
- Mindful Medicine for Women of Colour
- Mental Health Monday: Stress Management Tips for Online Environments
- LGBTQ+ Radical Self-Care Groups
- Support Over Suicide & Students in Distress
- Nurturing Resilience
- Staying Well, Staying Committed
- Black Student Support and Healing Space
- Connected Globally and Adjusting Locally
- International Student Support Group
- Mental Wellness During COVID-19
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation Group
- Experiencing Disability
- Thrive Week: Well-Being During These Times
- COPE - Compassion Over Pain Endurance
- Cultivating Self Compassion
- Anxiety 101
- Health Peers
- Hi-FIVE Movement
- Navigating Athletic Transitions
- Faculty & Staff
- Articles & Stories
This page includes care and support options for your own well-being.
As SFU staff and faculty, caring for your own health and well-being is important. SFU is actively engaged in promoting a supportive and healthy work environment for every employee, and provides many resources to support you. One of the underlying principles in SFU’s Strategic Vision describes a commitment to “build and sustain a work environment that is equitable, supportive, rewarding and enjoyable”.
Below are some helpful resources you may want to explore or access to enhance your own health and well-being.
Make SPACE for your well-being. SPACE is an acronym and initiative that outlines evidence-based strategies to maintain positive mental health.
Make use of the various health benefits to maintain your well-being. Review your eligibility using the benefits summaries.
Reach out to SFU’s Employee and Family Assistance Program for confidential and professional assistance to support you and/or your family resolve challenges related to health, work or personal life.
Set up a safe workspace using ergonomic guides or by consulting the Ergonomics team.
View various learning and development opportunities to build your skills and support your career development.
Practice your faith, meditate, or connect with a faith-based group or chaplain at the Interfaith Centre.
Find a universal/all-gender washroom on campus if you prefer to use gender-inclusive washrooms.
Consult with the Wellness and Recovery Office for resources related to employee health, as well as assistance and accommodations related to ongoing illness and disability.
Contact Safety and Risk Services to share concerns or incidents that you may have encountered or use their Safe Walk program to have a member of Campus Public Safety safely escort you from one part of campus to another.
Reach out to the Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office (SVSPO) to access confidential information and support.
Connect with the Human Rights Office to learn about your rights or to report discrimination and/or harrassment.