- About Us
- Programs and Resources
- Academic Support
- Cultural Connections
- Peer Cousins Mentorship Program
- First Nations, Métis & Inuit Student Association
- Careers and Volunteer Services
- Financial Aid and Awards
- Indigenous Learning Living Community
- Indigenous Recruitment
- ISC x FNMISA Town Halls
- Health and Wellbeing
- Elders Program
Everyone has a different approach for leading a healthy lifestyle, including their physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. At the ISC we host a variety of wholistic wellness programs in order to support you in the best way you see fit. Checkout our Calender of Events to learn more about upcoming programs. Have a suggestion about a type of program you would like to see at the ISC? Please join us for an ISC x FNMISA Townhall or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get connected with one of our Indigenous Clinical Counsellors for a one-on-one appointment or workshop.
Connect with Black Counsellors and additional BIPOC-specific supports
SFU Health and Counselling Services has a Black Counsellor, Tricia Kay Williams, available for drop-ins (booking needed in advance). For more information about how to access Black Mental Health supports and other BIPOC-specific supports, please visit the HCS Black Student Supports page.
- Phone My SSP (Student Support Program) at 1-844-451-9700 and ask to book an appointment with a community counsellor same day or next day for more emergent needs. Appointments may be via phone or ask about in-person appointment options in the community. My SSP App can also be downloaded for 24/7 support. All support through My SSP is free and confidential.
- See a Doctor or Nurse at one of SFU's two medical clinics located on the Burnaby and Vancouver campuses. Make an appointment to discuss: new symptoms or issues, vaccines and travel, sexual health, perscription renewals or changes, follow-ups for pre-existing or chronic conditions, mental health and well-being or gender-affirming care.
- Burnaby Clinic - Monday to Friday; 9:30am - 4:30pm - MBC 0101
- Vancouver Clinic - Monday, Thursday, Friday; 9:30am - 4:30pm - HC 300
Events and Programs
Tips and Advice
- Befriending Anxiety
- Thriving in Challenging Times
- 10 Ergonomic Tips for Working and Studying at Home
- Overcoming Barriers to Staying Active at Home: Tips and Advice
- SVSPO "You Matter" Book
The MindShift Application is an iOS and Android app designed to help individuals ease their anxiety through tools aimed at relaxing the mind and developing more effective ways of thinking. This app is free of charge and available for download through the App Store and Google Play.
Additional support options and counselling services are available at SFU Health and Counselling Services.
@sfu_isc We got your questions, and the counsellors are here to answer! Book an appointment with Tanu Gamble: email@example.com! #sfu #counsellorssageadvice #counselling #Indigenous #sfuisc ♬ Stars Will Fall - Duster