Canadian Professional Grant Development
This comprehensive two-day workshop will illustrate how to translate ideas into fundable proposals. The overall strategic plan for writing grants will be addressed, including: the needs statement, mission, goals, objectives, evaluation, key personnel, outcomes, and budgets. The instructor will use interactive exercises, lectures, and discussions to demonstrate how to research and write your specific project.
You will learn the essentials of Canadian grant writing, such as:
- Searching and applying for Tri-Council (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR), foundation and corporate donors
- Addressing the guidelines of proposals
- Identifying and effectively writing the key elements of a proposal
- Integrating each component of the grant into the final product
- Packaging a professional grant submission
After the workshop, you will understand how to navigate the world of grant procurement and demonstrate the excellence and innovation that will propel your project or research beyond other submissions.
Date: Aug 12-13