- Professional Programs
- Community Economic Development
- Graduate professional programs
- Learning from the Global Pandemic
- Women Bending the Curve on Climate Change
- Engaging the Community to Build Flood Resilience: 12,000 Rain Gardens for the Puget Sound
- Engaging the university community in realizing sustainabiity: a transformational approach
- Engaging Citizens in Bike Lane Proposals: A Toronto Experience
- Climate Narratives
- Prospective Students
- New Students
- Current Students
- Student Stories
- REDIRECT ONLY
In the Faculty of Environment, our students are our most important facilitators of change. From tackling climate change and building resilience to advancing social justice and empowering communities, our students are addressing some of the biggest issues of our time through their studies, advocacy, and actions.
The FENV Changemaker Awards celebrates dedicated students who are making positive social or environmental change in their communities and around the world. With these Awards, we aim to recognize their efforts and share the great work being done.
The two nominees with the most votes and one Dean's Choice awardee will be named our 2023 FENV Changemakers of the Year. The three winners will receive $400 to support their professional development (attend conferences, fund community initiatives, enable team building, etc.), have their changemaker work featured in SFU News/Faculty News, and they will join a community of FENV Changemakers supporting change through mentorship, solution implementation, and education.
All nominations will be shared on social media and people will vote for the FENV Changemaker of the Year.
Do you know an SFU Environment student whose outstanding efforts have impacted our community or environment?
Nominate them (or yourself) for the FENV Changemaker Award.
Nominations will be accepted from February 1st through February 24th, 2023.
Students can nominate themselves or be nominated by another member of the SFU community including faculty, staff, and students.
Once the nomination period ends on Februay 24th, all nominees and their profiles will be shared on social media. Voting is open to everyone from February 27th to March 5th by electronic ballot. People may vote one time.
The FENV nominees with the most votes will be named the 2022 FENV Changemakers of the Year and announced on March 6th.
Who is eligible?
Faculty of Environment undergraduate (major or minor) and graduate students who act on their desire to create meaningful social or environmental change.
- Nominations may be made for a group of students acting with a single purpose (providing the group includes a Faculty of Environment student and the nomination designates a FENV student as the lead to receive the prize).
- If you received a 2022 FENV Changemaker of the Year Award you are not eligible to win in 2023.