- Professional Programs
- Community Economic Development
- Graduate professional programs
- Learning from the Global Pandemic
- Women Bending the Curve on Climate Change
- Engaging the Community to Build Flood Resilience: 12,000 Rain Gardens for the Puget Sound
- Engaging the university community in realizing sustainabiity: a transformational approach
- Engaging Citizens in Bike Lane Proposals: A Toronto Experience
- Climate Narratives
- Prospective Students
- New Students
- Current Students
- Student Stories
- REDIRECT ONLY
A student award is an investment in people, in education, in society – it is an investment with guaranteed returns.
Scholarships recognize students for outstanding academic achievement (CGPA of 3.5 or higher). For the very brightest students, the availability of scholarships is often the deciding factor in determining which university to attend. Prestigious awards in support of certain areas of study can help Simon Fraser University compete effectively for the very brightest minds.
Bursaries are awarded to students who are experiencing financial need and help ensure that no student is turned away from the university because of financial reasons.
An Award is given in recognition of special qualities like volunteer involvement in the community, or distinguished intellectual, cultural, social, or athletic contributions to university life.
A named annual scholarship, bursary or award can be established for a minimum commitment of $1,000 a year for 3 years (undergraduate) and $1,500 a year for 3 years (graduate). A named endowment fund can be established for a minimum $20,000 (undergraduate) or $30,000 (graduate).
To establish a named award, please contact Christine Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.