Minors are a great way to broaden your knowledge, make yourself more marketable, or simply pursue an alternate area of interest while at university. A minor can be completed within the same faculty as your major or in an alternate faculty. Please review specific requirements of the minor you’re interested in and speak to your advisor.

The Faculty of Environment offers the following Minors:

Double Minors

Students wishing to prepare themselves in two program areas, but not desiring to undertake a major or a joint major program, may complete a program consisting of two extended minors, an extended minor and a minor, or two minors for the Bachelor of Arts degree, at least one of which must be in the Faculty of Environment. Students interested in this option must meet with a Faculty of Environment advisor.

A minor program requires at least 15 upper division units within a single program area unless otherwise specified in the Calendar. An extended minor consists of the lower division requirements for a major, plus the upper division requirements for a minor.

Requirements include those listed under the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree below as well as these additional requirements:

  • the lower division requirements for each extended minor and/or minor programs
  • 21 upper division units taken in Faculty of Environment courses, of which at least 12 must be completed at SFU
  • no more than 8 upper division units transferred from another institution may be used toward an extended minor or minor

See the Double Minor Requirements in the SFU Calendar.

Want to explore more ways to customize your undergraduate experience and match your passions with your skills? Check out our certificates and joint majors!