Professional Programs & Partnerships
- Workshops and short courses
- Community Economic Development
- Community-engaged research & partnerships
- North Shore Rain Garden Project
- Researching Teaching and Learning for Democratic Participation: An Inquiry into Pedagogy Practices at Simon Fraser University
- Graduate professional programs
- Learning from the Global Pandemic
- Women Bending the Curve on Climate Change
- Engaging the Community to Build Flood Resilience: 12,000 Rain Gardens for the Puget Sound
- Engaging the university community in realizing sustainabiity: a transformational approach
- Engaging Citizens in Bike Lane Proposals: A Toronto Experience
- Climate Narratives
- Women's Participation and Leadership in Climate Solutions
- Prospective Students
- New Students
- Current Students
- REDIRECT ONLY
There are a variety of ways to get involved in our Faculty, including the EnvironMentors program. EnvironMentors strive to make new incoming students feel welcome and confident while transitioning to university life. This year especially, new students will appreciate guidance on how to navigate the next steps.
HOW IT WORKS:
You will be matched with a few students who are starting at SFU this Fall 2021. Then, the Student Leadership Team will guide you on how and when to reach out to your mentees, and how to support them as the semesters progress. We also aim to plan engaging events for mentees to get to know you and the Environment community.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
You will gain leadership skills, build communication skills, expand your network, and get recognition on your Co-Curricular Record (CCR). This is a great opportunity to give back to the SFU community and be part of a fun, engaged team of current students.
WANT TO DO MORE?
If you would like to take your involvement in the Faculty further, you can also join the Student Leadership Team! We organize the EnvironMentors program, host events for students in the Faculty, and plan Fall FROSH. Sound fun? Fill out this form to let us know you're interested.