The GPA Calculator will help you anticipate how many units or what GPA you need to achieve a desired CGPA. However, if you have a repeat of a course in your transcript, the GPA Calculator will not work. For assistance on recalculating your GPA with repeats, please see an Academic Advisor.
Learn about the standard grading system and see the numeric value of each letter grade or learn how to manually calculate your grade point average.
Please select a calculator mode:
1. CGPA (cumulative grade point average): numerical average for all terms completed
2. Term GPA (term grade point average): numerical average for one term completed
3. For total units attempted, log in at go.sfu.ca and download your transcript. Total units attempted does not include units in progress; includes all units completed, including those given an F or N.
See the example at right for where to find your total units completed.
4. GPA Calculators are intended for use with SFU grades and units only. Transfer students should be aware that some internal transfer GPAs are based on a set of specific courses that may require including (non-SFU) transfer courses into the GPA calculation. For more information, please book an appointment with an Academic Advisor at www.sfu.ca/students/academicadvising/contact_us.html.
5. Repeat/duplicate courses are NOT automatically factored into the GPA Calculators. For more information on how to calculate your GPA if you have repeated courses, please book an appointment with an Academic Advisor at www.sfu.ca/students/academicadvising/contact_us.html.