Research Your Options
Once you've attended and Exchange Info Session or watched Study Abroad 101, you can start doing more research on the specific program(s) that interest you.
International Services for Students (ISS) programs:
Other international opportunities are available to SFU students. Please note these programs are not administered by ISS.
You can email your questions to the Study Abroad Advisor for the program you are interested in studying. Be sure to include:
- your full legal name
- SFU Student ID number
- area you are interested in studying, if known
- confirm that you have attended or watched Study Abroad 101.
Graduate students can book an appointment by emailing email@example.com with your availability.
To book an appointment: Advisor Link (Undergraduate Students)
Log into your Advisor Link profile with your SFU computing ID and password and book your 20 min Study Abroad appointment online. Our appointments are currently conducted via Zoom or phone.
If you do not see the Study Abroad Advising Team (General) on your Success Team you may request us to be added by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Advisor Link: Study Abroad Advising Request" including your full name and SFU student ID.
- Considering or applying for exchange: Initial advising, SFU Exchange application questions, general advising for prospective exchange participants.
- Nominated/selected for exchange (host application): Please email email@example.com any documents you wish to discuss (eg. your host application documents and/or online system screenshot).
- Nominated/selected for exchange (general, non-academic): Preparing for your exchange (non-host application related).
- Exchange credit transfer: Advising related to your exchange credit application and status. This appointment will only be to discuss exchange credit related questions.
- Completed Exchange: Advising related to questions you may have following the completion of your Exchange.
- Field Schools: Applying, accepted, or returned from a Field School
Tip: Add a Student Note to your appointment if there are specific things you would like to discuss in your appointment.
Running Late or Cancelling?
- If you are running late please inform ISS by emailing your advisor. If you are more than 5 minutes late and we have not been notified, your appointment will be cancelled.
- A limited number of appointments are offered per week. In consideration of others, if you cannot make your appointment, please change or cancel it in advance in your Advisor Link portal.
- If you’re having trouble logging in or experiencing other technical issues with Advisor Link, please submit a service ticket to SFU’s IT Service Desk or call them at 778.782.8888.
International Services for Students (ISS) Office
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 AM - 12 PM and 1PM - 4 PM (except holidays)
International Services for Students
Simon Fraser University
MBC 1200, 8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6 Canada