This opportunity is recognized on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR), an official University document that tracks students’ co-curricular involvement at SFU. Learn more about the Co-Curricular Record.
Study Abroad Ambassador Program
What are Study Abroad Ambassadors?
As past study abroad participants, Study Abroad Ambassadors share the benefits of their experience with the SFU community. Study Abroad Ambassadors represent International Services for Students at campus events, where they engage prospective students and promote Study Abroad programs. Study Abroad Ambassadors work together to develop promotional activities and implement programming for nominated, returned and incoming study abroad participants.
- Gain volunteer experience in the international education field that will go towards your SFU Co-Curricular Record
- Opportunity to take part in professional development sponsored by ISS
- Gain public speaking and presentation skills
- Become part of a collegial and supportive environment where you can connect with other ambassadors and Study Abroad staff
- Enjoy end of term Study Abroad Ambassador social events
- Receive a professional reference upon completion of the program
What is the time commitment?
Study Abroad Ambassadors for the 2019/2020 year should be able to participate in monthly meetings and attend activities and events from September 2019 to April 2020. Mandatory training will be held on August 27, 2019.
What are you looking for in a Study Abroad Ambassador?
Study Abroad Ambassadors must be current SFU undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing who have successfully completed a Study Abroad program. We are looking for students who are enthusiastic about sharing the benefits of their study abroad experience with the SFU community.
How do I become a Study Abroad Ambassador?
The application for the 2019/2020 year has closed. The application for the 2020/2021 year will open in the Spring 2020 term.