- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Financial Aid
- Forms & Resources
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
Graduated from SFU in 2019
Major: BSc, Kin
2019 biomedical physiology graduate currently in year 2 of medical school at UBC.
1) What is your current position? What does a typical work day look like for you?
I'm currently a 2nd year medical student at UBC.
2) How did your education in BPK influence your career?
BPK opened my eyes to careers that I didn't know existed. I did 4 co-op terms in ergonomics/ human factors and really enjoyed understanding issues at a deep level and designing and testing solutions with staff participation until we had success.
3) Who in BPK had an impact on you and why?
Some incredible professors for sure.
4) What is your favourite memory of your time at SFU as an undergraduate?
Enjoyed volunteering as an anatomy TA and joining the rowing crew.
5) What advice would you give to today’s BPK student?
SFU has lots of opportunities but you have to put yourself out there and ask in order to get them. Don’t wait for opportunities to come to you. Connect with alumni who are doing what you’re interested in and learn from them as much as you can.