- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Alumni Scholarships for Students in Kinesiology
- The Craig Asmundson BPK Engagement Award
- The Harold Hancheroff Memorial Scholarship in Sports Education
- Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK
- National Bank Financial Award
- The Nihal Singh Ras Undergraduate Bursary
- Stephen Harold Edward Herring Award
- Undergraduate Travel and Minor Research Awards in BPK
- The BCAK - Craig Asmundson Undergraduate Bursary in Kinesiology
- Forms & Resources
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK
The Dr. Josephine Anthony Endowment Fund was established at Simon Fraser University in 2015 with a generous gift from Dr. Josephine Anthony, faculty member in the Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology. The endowment fund is eligible to receive a match from the Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology (BPK) in the equivalent amount of the original pledged gift. The endowment fund supports the Dr. Josephine Anthony Award in BPK established in honour of the 50th anniversary of the University. The award is intended to provide funding to an undergraduate student in BPK who has overcome adversity in their life, in recognition of their achievements and motivating others by their example.
One award, valued at a minimum of $900, is available to an undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- is enrolled in full-time studies (9 units or more) in an honours or major program in the department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology;
- is in good academic standing; and
- has overcome medical, personal, financial adversity or other obstacles.
Applications must include:
- a letter outlining the applicant's overcoming of adversity; and,
- a letter of reference attesting to this.
The award will be granted by the Senate Undergraduate Awards Adjudication Committee upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology.
How to Apply
Awards will be given based on nominations only. BPK undergraduate students will be notified via email about the application process once the award is available.
About Dr. Josephine Anthony
Dr. Josephine Anthony joined the Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology in 1980 and has been actively involved in teaching Basic Human Anatomy (BPK 325C), Human Anatomy (BPK 326), Histology (BPK 336), and Neuromuscular Anatomy (BPK 426). Josephine has inspired her students throughout the years and many of them have gone on to pursue careers in the health sciences, particularly in medicine, dentistry and physical therapy.
Every time you make a gift, you tell us what is important to you. Whether you support research of local or global significance or create scholarships for students who show leadership in areas you care about, your donations help to define the values and priorities of our community.
If you would like to donate to the Dr. Josephine Anthony Endowment Fund, please visit this page.