- Camp Info
- About Us
Volunteering for SFU Camps offers practical experience in a safe and fun environment. Volunteers will get an opportunity to work with children and youth, build leadership skills, meet new people and have a rewarding summer as part of SFU Camps & Youth Programs!
SFU Camps recognizes outstanding volunteers, provides reflective evaluations and confirmation letters. We also provide career workshops and the top volunteers are encouraged to apply to become camp instructors in future years! Check out our volunteer appreciation video for National Volunteer Week 2020 here!
Volunteers for Summer 2021
Application Opens: Expected February, 2021
Application Deadline: Expected April 25th, 2021, 11:59pm
Interviews: Expected May, 2021 (Must complete a modified interview through an online platform)
Training: Expected late June, 2021. Time: Evening/Virtual (Dates and Times are subject to change)
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
*This position is contingent upon approval from Public Health Authorities and Simon Fraser University.
Follow us on social media @sfucamps
Got questions? Visit our Volunteer FAQ page!
3 Key Steps to Becoming a SFU Camps Volunteer
1. Submit Your Online Application
- Application are expected to open in February 2021 and close on April 25, 2021
- We will not require you to submit a resume this year.
- Once you sucessfully submit your application form you will receive a confirmation email.
2. Attend an Online Modified Interview
- Select candidates will be invited to attend an interview through an online platform.
- You will receive further information regarding the interview throughout the application process
3. Submit Your Availability
- Candidates will be asked to provide their summer availabilities, which will be assessed by a member of the Administrative Team.
- Successful candidates will be offered a position with SFU Camps.
Becoming a SFU Camps Lead Volunteer
Lead volunteers are responsible for providing additional assistance to staff, volunteers, and campers. Each week lead volunteers will be assigned a group of camps in which they will be responsible for overseeing with the help of the Administrative Team. This role is best suited for someone who is looking to build on their leadership abilities, mentor a diverse group of individuals as well as taking on additional responsibilities.
Application Deadline: Expected April, 2021.
Please complete the regular volunteer application first and then submit a cover letter and resume to Amanda Cordeiro at email@example.com
Interviews: On-going Basis
Training: Expected late June, 2021
For all volunteer inquiries, please contact:
We aim to provide a response to all inquiries within 2 business days.
Please include "2021 Volunteer Inquiry - Your Name" in the subject line of your email.