- Camp Info
- About Us
Volunteering for SFU Camps offers practical experience in a safe and fun environment. Volunteers will get an opportunity to work with children and youth, build leadership skills, meet new people and have a rewarding summer as part of SFU Athletics & Recreation!
SFU Camps recognizes outstanding volunteers, provides reflective evaluations and confirmation letters. We also provide career workshops and the top volunteers are encouraged to apply to become camp instructors in future years!
Volunteers for Summer 2019
Application Opens: TBA
Application Deadline: TBA
Interviews: April 27, 10:00-11:45am | April 27, 1:00-2:45pm | April 30, 6:00-7:45pm | May 1, 6:00-7:45pm
Training: June 18 & 19, 2019
Got questions? Visit our Volunteer FAQ page!
3 Key Steps to Becoming a SFU Camps Volunteer
1. Submit Your Online Application
- Application opens January 19, 2019 and closes on April 21, 2019 at 11:50pm.
- We will not require you to submit a resume this year.
- Once you submit your application form you should receive a confirmation email.
2. Attend a Group Interview
- Select candidates will be invited to attend an in-person group interview.
- You must be able to attend one of the four group interview dates listed above.
- We do not conduct Skype or phone interviews.
3. Submit Your Availability
- Candidates will be asked to provide their summer availabilities, which will be assessed by a member of the Administrative Team.
- Successful candidates will be offered a position with SFU Camps.
Becoming an SFU Camps Lead Volunteer
Lead volunteers are responsible for providing additional assistance to staff, volunteers, and campers. Each week lead volunteers will be assigned a group of camps in which they will be responsible for overseeing with the help of the Administrative Team. This role is best suited for someone who is looking to build on their leadership abilities, mentor a diverse group of individuals as well as taking on additional responsibilities.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2019 at 11:50pm
Phone Interviews: April 22-May 10
Training: June 26, 8:00AM-4:00PM
For all volunteer inquiries, please contact:
Head Programmer of Volunteers
We aim to provide a response to all inquiries within 2 business days.
Please include "2019 Volunteer Inquiry - Your Name" in the subject line of your email.