System Maintenance: course information and registration will be unavailable from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. PST on Friday, Feb 10.
Capstone, Integration and Mentorship
Throughout the certificate program you will work on a capstone project that integrates all of the learning from the program and applies it to your professional practice. In essence, this course serves as a blank canvas for you to design and implement a real-world evaluation project that adds value to your organization, client or portfolio. You will work with an instructor/mentor who will help you identify, scope and scale a project that tests your learning edges while still being manageable within the 10-month duration of the program.
This course is reserved for students enrolled in the certificate program.
2023-2024 class schedule
First class: Wed, Oct 4, 2023, 9 a.m.–11 a.m. (PDT)
Mentoring: 4 hours of mentorship (to be scheduled with your mentor)
Project work: throughout duration of program (on your own schedule)
Final presentation day: Sat, Jun 22, 2024, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. (PDT)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Produce a capstone project that demonstrates and integrates program learnings
- Reflect on what worked in the capstone, what didn’t and why
- Share with and learn from the experience of peers in the cohort
You will have the opportunity to further refine your own learning objectives with support from your instructor.
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend time on applied project work throughout duration of program
- Plan for advance reading
- Participate in individual mentoring sessions
You will be evaluated on:
- Demonstrated application of what you’ve learned
- Engagement with other students and your mentor
- Final presentation
- Reflection paper on your capstone project
No textbook is required. We will provide all course materials online.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.