Project Management: Team Perspectives
Successful projects are the result of effective time management, cost control and well-motivated teams.
In this course, you'll learn to achieve all three by using a team approach to planning, scheduling, monitoring and evaluating projects.
14 PMI professional development units
Register for a course at any time, with the option to apply to a program later.
- Fri, Oct 21, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
- Sat, Oct 22, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time (virtual class)
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Develop and build effective project teams
- Plan and conduct effective project meetings
- Build on collaborative techniques and processes for planning and scheduling projects
- Develop a team agreement for working together
- Develop agreement on an ideal project team culture
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Expect readings and other assignments
- Plan to participate in exercises, discussions, case studies and presentations
You will be evaluated on a Pass/Fail basis on:
- Individual or group projects
- Participation and attendance
To graduate with the Project Management Certificate, you will need to pass all 13 courses.
Course fees do not include textbooks. We recommend you purchase your textbook as soon as you’ve registered. We will provide additional course materials online.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 7th edition. Available for purchase from online or local bookstores, or through the PMI website. We will expect you to have read the textbook, as this course will reference relevant chapters.
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.
Professional development credits
SFU is an Authorized Training Partner with the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This course qualifies for PMI professional development units (PDUs) whether you're pursuing the Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation or needing to meet continuing certification requirements.