System Maintenance: course information and registration will be unavailable from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. PST on Friday, Dec 1.
Receive feedback online (via Skype or Zoom) or by phone on 20 pages of your poetry, fiction or non-fiction. One of our creative writing instructors will read your manuscript before your 50-minute meeting. At the meeting, they may provide you with suggestions on editing, how to publish your work, and how to work with editors and publishers.
Consults are ongoing (disregard the specific dates listed below). After registering, you will receive an email prompting you to send your manuscript to email@example.com. You will also let us know the name of the manuscript consultant you would like to read your work, as well as possible times when you can can meet. After we receive your manuscript, the consultant may need up to 10 days to read it.
Consults will take place between 8 am and 7 pm, on a day and at a time that works for both the consultant and student.
Consultations are available on an ongoing basis. After you register, you and your consultant can decide on the date of your meeting.
- Raoul Fernandes: Poetry and short stories
- Ray Hsu: Poetry and creative non-fiction
- David Ly: Poetry (with particular interest in working with queer writers and writers of colour)
- Dayna Mahannah: Creative non-fiction, fiction, and graphic forms (comics)
- Stacey Matson: YA and general fiction
- Leah Ranada: General and speculative fiction
- KT Wagner: Short fiction in any genre
Manuscript submission guidelines
- Maximum of 20 pages
- Title of your work(s), if it has one, at the top centre
- Your name, at the bottom centre
- Page numbers on the bottom right
- Double-spaced, 12-point font (poetry should be single-spaced)