Bonnie L. Gray
Professor, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of California at Davis, United States, 2001
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, United States, 1995
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, United States, 1992
- Microfluidics, microassembly, biomedical microdevices & instrumentation, high-aspect ratio microfabrication, micro total analysis systems, polymer microfabrication, magnetic & conductive nanocomposite polymers, cell trapping, biosensors, micro q-PCR.
- Microsystems: microfluidics, biomedical MEMS, microelectronics, semiconductor devices
- Microfabrication: MEMS, microfluidics, polymer microfab, packaging & assembly
- Nanotechnology: polymer nanocomposites, biosensors, nanofabrication
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 495/851 Microelectronic/Integrated Circuit Fabrication
- ENSC 387 Electromechanical Sensors and Actuators
- ENSC 859 Biomedical Microdevices and Systems
- ENSC 225 Microelectronics I
- ENSC 224 Semiconductor Devices
Selected recent publications
- S.F. Romanuik, S.M. Grist, B.L. Gray, D. Hohertz, K.L. Kavanagh, N. Gulzar, J.K. Scott, R. Nirwan, C. Hui, A.G. Brolo, R. Gordon. "Sensing of Antibodies Secreted by Microfluidically Trapped Cells via Extraordinary Optical Transmission through Nanohole Arrays". Oral at IEEE Sensors 2010, Waikoloa, HI, USA, Nov 2010. An expanded version was invited and accepted with minor revisions to a special issue of the IEEE Sensors Journal.
- M. Giassa, A. Khosla, B.L. Gray, M. Parameswaran, K. Kholi ,R. Rameseshan, “Applications for Low Frequency Impedance Analysis Systems”, Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, V 26, Issue 1 (2010), pp 139-144. This paper was invited as an expanded version of a paper presented at IEEE IMS3TW 2009.
- A. Khosla, B.L. Gray, “Preparation, Characterization, and Micromoulding of Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube Polydimethylsiloxane Conducting Nanocomposite Polymer”, Materials Letters, 63:13-14, pp. 1203-1206, (2009).
- J.N. Patel, B. Kaminska, B.L. Gray, B. D. Gates, “PDMS as a sacrificial substrate for SU-8 based biomedical and microfluidic applications”, Journal of Micromechanics & Microengineering, 18:9 (Sept. 2008) 095028, 11 pages.
- S. Westwood, S. Jaffer, B.L. Gray, "Enclosed SU-8 and PDMS microchannels with integrated interconnects for chip-to-chip and world-to-chip connections", Journal of Micromechanics & Microengineering, 18:6 (June 2008) 064014, 9 pp. This paper was invited as an expanded version of a paper that won the Best Poster Award at Micromechanics Europe 2007.