Marinko V. Sarunic
Professor, School of Engineering Science
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Scholar
PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, United States, 2006
MASc Electrical Engineering, Simon Fraser University, Canada, 2001
BASc, Electrical Engineering, Simon Fraser University, Canada, 1998
- Biomedical imaging, optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Microscopy, low-coherence interferometry
- Micro-opto-electro-mechanical systems
- Medical Imaging
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 476 Biophotonics
- ENSC 225 Microelectronics I
- ENSC 374 Biomedical Image Acquisition
Selected recent publications
- A. St. Quintin, L. K. Merhi, M. V. Sarunic, “Spectral Domain Fluorescence Coherence Phase Microscopy”, Applied Optics Vol. 50 Issue 12, pp.1798-1804 (2011).
- A. Yazdanpanah, G. Hamarneh, B. Smith, M. V. Sarunic, “Automated Segmentation of Intra-Retinal Layers from Optical Coherence Tomography Images using an Active Contour Approach”, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, 30 (2) pp. 484-96 (2011).
- Y. Bai, Z. Shi, J. Xu, P. Dergham, A. Galan-Garcia, A. Cantor, S. Mahapatra, H. M. Mehta, S.B. Woo, M. V. Sarunic, K.E. Neet, H.U. Saragovi, “In chronic and in acute models of neurodegeneration TrkA activity is neuroprotective while p75NTR activity is neurotoxic through a paracrine mechanism”, Journal of Biological Chemistry. 285 (50) pp. 39392-400 (2010).
- M. V. Sarunic, A. Yazdanpanah, E. Gibson, J. Xu, Y. Bai, S. Lee, H. U. Saragovi, and M. F. Beg, "Longitudinal study of retinal degeneration in a rat using spectral domain optical coherence tomography," Opt. Express 18, 23435-23441 (2010).
- E. Lebed, P.J. Mackenzie, M. V. Sarunic, M.F. Beg, “Rapid Volumetric OCT Image Acquisition Using Compressive Sampling”, Opt. Express 18 (20), 21003-21012 (2010).
Website for more information : borg.ensc.sfu.ca