Lecturer, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D., School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering, Simon Fraser University, Surrey, BC, Canada
M.Sc., School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
B.Sc., Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
- Injury Biomechanics
- Computational models of injury
- Tissue mechanics and materials
- FEA Modelling and Analysis
- Static and Strength of Martials
- Control Systems
- Computer Aided Design
- Product Design and Manufacturing
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 405W - Project Design, Management, and Documentation
- ENSC 204 – Graphical Communications
- ENSC 385 - Statics and Strength of Materials
- MSE 321 – Engineering Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Shervin Jannesar, Ernesto A Salegio, Michael S Beattie, Jacqueline C Bresnahan and Carolyn J Sparrey (2021) Correlating tissue mechanics and spinal cord injury: patient-specific finite element models of unilateral cervical contusion spinal cord injury in non-human primates. Journal of Neurotrauma, 38(6), 698-717. DOI: 10.1089/neu.2019.6840
- Shervin Jannesar, Mark Allen, Sarah Mills, Anne Gibbons, Jacqueline C Bresnahan, Ernesto A Salegio and Carolyn J Sparrey (2018) Compressive mechanical characterization of non-human primate spinal cord white matter. Acta Biomaterialia. 74, 260–269. DOI: 10.1016/j.actbio.2018.05.002
- Shervin Jannesar, Michael S Beattie, Jacqueline C Bresnahan and Carolyn J Sparrey (2019) A computational approach to the development of a standardized unilateral spinal cord contusion injury model. Journal of Neurotrauma, 36 (13), A52-A52
- Shervin Jannesar, Raunak S Rana, Ernesto A Salegio, Yvette S Nout-Lomas, Rod Moseanko, Stephanie Hawbecker, Roger Pender, Adam R Ferguson, Ephron S Rosenzweig, Mark H Tuszynski, Michael S Beattie, Jacqueline C Bresnahan and Carolyn J Sparrey (2018) Development of subject-specific finite element models of in-vivo primate unilateral cervical spinal cord contusion injury. Journal of Neurotrauma, 35(16), A178-A178.
- Shervin Jannesar, Ben Nadler, Carolyn J Sparrey (2016) The transverse isotropy of spinal cord white matter under dynamic load. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 138(9), 091004. DOI: 10.1115/1.4034171.
- Shervin Jannesar and Carolyn J Sparrey (2016) Mechanical characterization of non-human primate spinal cord white matter in compression. Northwest Biomechanics Symposium, Vancouver 2016.
- Shervin Jannesar and Carolyn J Sparrey (2013) Tension-Compression characterization of spinal cord white matter based on transversely isotropic fibre-reinforced model. CanCNSM 2013, Non-Linear Solid Mechanics Conference, Montreal.