- About Us
- Contact Us
- Prospective Students
- SFU Environmental Science Student Union
- Watershed Ecology Course Blog
Limited Term Research Faculty
- Ph.D., Physical Geography (2017) University of British Columbia
- MSc., Geological Sciences (1997) Case Western Reserve University
- B.A., Environmental Geology with Honors (1995) Case Western Reserve University
Shawn is a geophysical and environmental scientist. His research focuses on how rivers form and co-evolve with landscapes. He has particular interest in mountain rivers and cold regions of the Arctic. Shawn uses field campaigns, physical experiments and theory development to address basic research questions. He applies his research to improve how professional scientists approach and develop river restoration plans, including the removal of dams.
Future courses may be subject to change.