- Faculty & Staff Portal
- Grad Student Portal
- About Us
- Institute for the Humanities
- SNF Centre for Hellenic Studies
- J. S. Woodsworth Chair in the Humanities
- Hellenic Canadian Congress of BC Chair in Hellenic Studies
- Hellenic Studies Professorship in Aegean and Mediterranean Societies and Cultures
- Edward and Emily McWhinney Professorship in International Relations
- Our Humans
- News & Events
Areas of interest
Web-based literature, online fan communities, multilingualism, ethnic media, and cross-cultural communications.
- MA, Humanities, Simon Fraser University
- BA, Chinese Language and Literature, Beijing Normal University
Lexie (Yang) Tang, like many other international students, started her journey in Canada through her academic pursuit. After completing her BA from Beijing Normal University, she became a graduate student in the Department of Humanities with a research interest in cultural studies, fandom, and multiculturalism. Her MA thesis focused on the media fandom about time-travel romance writing and the social dynamics happening in Chinese cyberspace. Over the years, she has been developing her career in the field of higher education and education leadership. Shortly after completing her MA, she established her career in post-secondary admissions and enrollment management. In fall 2022, she will start off a new role in Institutional Research and Planning at British Columbia Institute of Technology.